Serviceon Automotive Technologies Private Limited and/or its affiliates (“Serviceon,” the “Company,” “we,” “us,” and “our,“) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through its compliance with its privacy policies. This policy describes:
The types of information that Serviceon may collect from you when you access or use its websites, applications and other online services (collectively, referred as “Services“); and its practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
The terms “you” and “your” refer to the user of the Serviceon Platform. The term “Services” refers to any services offered by Serviceon whether on the Serviceon Platform.
By using the Serviceon Platform and the Services, you agree and consent to the collection, transfer, use, storage, disclosure and sharing of your information as described and collected by us in accordance with this Policy. If you do not agree with the Policy, please do not use or access the Serviceon Platform.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us – This includes information submitted when you:
- Create or update your Serviceon account, which may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information, date of birth, profile picture and KYC in our Digi locker. If you sign in to the Serviceon Platform through third-party sign-in services such as Facebook, Google Plus or Gmail or any other social networking or similar site (collectively, “SNS”), an option of which may be provided to you by Serviceon at its sole discretion, you will be allowing us to pass through and receive from the SNS your log-in information and other user data; or
- Provide content to us, which may include reviews, ordering details and history, favourite vendors / service centre / Workshop, contact information of people you refer to us and other information you provide on the Serviceon Platform (“Your Content”).
- Use our Services, we may collect and store information about you to process your requests and automatically complete forms for future transactions, including (but not limited to) your phone number, address, email, billing information and credit or payment card information.
- Enable features that require Serviceon’s access to your camera ,address book or calendar;
- If you sign up to use our Services as a Service Centre/Workshop or a Rider partner, we may collect location details, copies of government identification documents and other details (KYC), call and SMS details.
Information we collect about you
- When you communicate with us (via email, phone, through the Serviceon Platform or otherwise), we may maintain a record of your communication;
- Location information: Depending on the Services that you use, and your app settings or device permissions, we may collect your real time information, or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address;
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, and information about your activity on the Services, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), the type of Services you requested or provided, comments, domain names, search results selected, number of clicks, information and pages viewed and searched for, the order of those pages, length of your visit to our Services, the date and time you used the Services, amount charged, details regarding application of promotional code, Coupon details, methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number and other related transaction details;
- We may collect information about the devices you use to access our Services, including the hardware models, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information and mobile network information. Analytics companies may use mobile device IDs to track your usage of the Serviceon Platform.
Stored information and files
- Serviceon mobile application (Serviceon app) may also access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your mobile device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information. If you permit the Serviceon app to access the address book on your device, we may collect names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our services and for other purposes described in this Policy or at the time of consent or collection. If you permit the Serviceon app to access the calendar on your device, we collect calendar information such as event title and description, your response (Yes, No, Maybe), date and time, location and number of attendees.
- If you are a vendor Service Centre/Workshop or a Rider partner, we will, additionally, record your calls with us made from the device used to provide Services, related call details, SMS details location and address detail.
USES OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect for following purposes, including:
- To provide, personalise, maintain and improve our products and services, such as to enable deliveries and other services, enable features to personalise your Serviceon account;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the relevant information and services;
- To administer and enhance the security of our Serviceon Platform and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To provide you with information about services we consider similar to those that you are already using, or have enquired about, or may interest you. If you are a registered user, we will contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS or telephone) with information about these services; To understand our users (what they do on our Services, what features they like, how they use them, etc.), improve the content and features of our Services (such as by personalizing content to your interests), process and complete your transactions, make special offers, provide customer support, process and respond to your queries;
- To generate and review reports and data about, and to conduct research on, our user base and Service usage patterns;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- If you are a partner/ vendor /Service Centre/Workshop or a Rider partner, to track the progress of delivery or status of the order placed by our customers.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Serviceon Platform may contain links to other websites. Any personal information about you collected whilst visiting such websites is not governed by this Policy. Serviceon shall not be responsible for and has no control over the practices and content of any website accessed using the links contained on the Serviceon Platform. This Policy shall not apply to any information you may disclose to any of our service providers/service personnel which we do not require you to disclose to us or any of our service providers under this Policy.
DISCLOSURE AND DISTRIBUTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information that we collect for following purposes:
With Service Providers:
- We may share your information with our vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms and other service providers or business partners, such as Payment processing companies, to support our business. For example, your information may be shared with outside vendors to send you emails and messages or push notifications to your devices in relation to our Services, to help us analyze and improve the use of our Services, to process and collect payments. We also may use vendors for other projects, such as conducting surveys or organizing sweepstakes for us.
With Partner/Service Centre/Workshop: While you place a pickup request through Serviceon Platform, your information is provided to us and to the Service Centre/Workshop with whom you may choose to book. In order to facilitate your online Service request processing, we provide your information to that Service Centre/Workshop in a similar manner as if you had made a Service directly with the Service Centre/Workshop. If you provide a mobile phone number, Serviceon may send you text messages regarding the booking/Service status.
With Other Users: If you are a Rider partner, we may share your name, phone number and/or profile picture (if applicable), and tracking details with other users to provide them the Services.
For Crime Prevention or Investigation: We may share this information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us, when we are:
- Obligated under the applicable laws or in good faith to respond to court orders and processes; or
- Detecting and preventing against actual or potential occurrence of identity theft, fraud, abuse of Services and other illegal acts;
- Responding to claims that an advertisement, posting or other content violates the intellectual property rights of a third party;
For Internal Use: We may share your information with any present or future member of our “Group” (as defined below)or affiliates for our internal business purposes The term “Group” means, with respect to any person, any entity that is controlled by such person, or any entity that controls such person, or any entity that is under common control with such person, whether directly or indirectly, or, in the case of a natural person, any Relative (as such term is defined in the Companies Act, 1956 and Companies Act, 2013 to the extent applicable) of such person.
DATA SECURITY PRECAUTIONS
We have in place appropriate technical and security measures to secure the information collected by us.
We use vault and tokenization services from third party service providers to protect the sensitive personal information provided by you. The third-party service providers with respect to our vault and tokenization services and our payment gateway and payment processing are compliant with the payment card industry standard (generally referred to as PCI compliant service providers). You are advised not to send your full credit/debit card details through unencrypted electronic platforms. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a username and password which enables you to access certain parts of the Serviceon Platform, you are responsible for keeping these details confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Please aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through the Serviceon Platform. Once we have received your information, we will use strict physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may occasionally update this Policy and such changes will be posted on this page. If we make any significant changes to this Policy we will endeavour to provide you with reasonable notice of such changes, such as via prominent notice on the Serviceon Platform or to your email address on record and where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent. To the extent permitted under the applicable law, your continued use of our Services after we publish or send a notice about our changes to this Policy shall constitute your consent to the updated Policy.